Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI)
Uses deterministic and probabilistic matching algorithms supporting a unique patient identifier for each domain and patient “linking” of disparate patient records, both automatic and manual.
- One source of truth - a complete patient medical record at the point-of-care.
- Fast search service for patient information. High quality data and consistency.
Ensures that clinicians have the health care information they need to make better and more informed decisions to drive improved patient care. Provided with a longitudinal clinical patient record at the point-of-care, the physician portal provides a unified environment with secure messaging, clinical notes, laboratory reports and test results for improved health information exchange.
- Enables patient search functionality and serves up a single source of truth for all your patients’ records.
- Clinical decision support provides the right information at the right time and place to support clinical decision making including gaps in care.
- Prompts and alerts are provided within the physician’s normal workflow at the point-of-care.
- Enables secure messaging and requests for information between other physicians, across the care continuum including inpatient and outpatient care settings.